Visitor Visa

Foreign national who are not from a visa-exempt country requires Temporary Resident Visa to travel Canada. Visitors who require to obtain a visa must be in possession of the visa when they appear at the Canadian airport or any port of entry.


  • A valid travel document – Passport
  • Be in good health and no criminal or immigration related convictions
  • Must prove intention to leave Canada at the end of authorization period of stay
  • Have good socio-economic ties such a job, business, movable and immovable assets, family ties
  • Must have enough money to cover expenses while visiting in Canada

Visitors are not allowed to work, and not allowed to study longer than 6 months. Visitor must leave Canada on or before the authorization period of stay given by CBSA. However, visitor can apply to extend visitor status before authorization period of stay ends.

Issuance of visitor visa is highly discretionary and inconsistent.

Request a Consultation

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

An eTA is a requirement for all visa-exempt foreign nationals who wish to fly to or transit through Canada. eTA remains valid for 5 years, or expires at the same time passport expires, whichever comes first. It is mandatory to board a Canada-bound plane.

US Citizen do not require a TRV or an eTA; however, Permanent Resident of the US require an eTA.

Super Visa

The Super Visa allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents to visit family in Canada for up to two years without need to renew or extend the status. Dependents of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the Super Visa.

Eligibility Criteria:

For the Inviter – Child or Grandchild in Canada:

  • Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • Must meet the Minimum Necessary Income (LICO) requirement based on family size
  • Sign a letter confirming financial support to parents and/or grandparents
  • Must provide documents meeting MNI (LICO) requirements – Proof of Income
  • Must provide proof of relationship

For the Parent or Grandparent outside Canada:

  • Must have a medical insurance from a Canadian Insurance Company for at least 1 year with minimum coverage of $100,000, and proof of payment of medical insurance
  • Must take a medical exam performed a panel physician approved by IRCC
  • Must not be an inadmissible on other grounds such as criminality, medical etc.
  • Must leave Canada by choice at the end of visit by proving strong ties to the home country