Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

An open work permit for qualifying foreign workers waiting for final decision of permanent residence application

Eligibility Requirements:
  • Be in Canada as a temporary resident
  • Meet ONE the following criteria:
  1. Have an authorization to work on a valid work permit.
  2. Have a maintained status and Authorization to work.
  3. Eligible to restore temporary status with authorization to work on a work permit
  • Must have submitted an Application for Permanent Residence as a principal applicant under any one of the program – FSW, CEC, FST, PNP, Agri-Food Pilot, QSW
  • Must have passed R10 completeness check for FSW, CEC, FST, PNP (EE), QSW; OR
  • Receipt of a positive eligibility assessment for not-EE application for permanent residence for the classes of caring for children and/or people with high medical needs, AFP, and PNP

To know more about this program or to assess your eligibility, please fill out our assessment form and submit it through “Request a Consultation” webform.

Request a Consultation

Work Permit with LMIA

International Mobility Program (LMIA Exempt)

Intra-Company Transfer

International Experience Canada (IEC)

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP)